Clunderwen & Llandysilio
SN 120200: Clunderwen House was built on an early site and was referred to in 1634 as a baronial hall. Two centuries later, when a station was built where the new South Wales Railway crossed the Tenby to Cardigan road, it took the name Narberth Road.
The village which grew up around the station subsequently became called ‘Clunderwen’ after the manor house. Llandysilio takes its name from the medieval church of St Tysilio and became a busy commercial centre in Victorian times; the village and the outlying area were noted strongholds of Non-conformism.
Searchlight Batteries: There was a mobile serchlight battery on Beag Road in Llandysilio.